The components of a zipper are:
1. Top Tape Extension (The fabric part of the zipper, that extends beyond the teeth, at the top of the chain.)
2. Top Stop (Two devices affixed to the top end of a zipper, to prevent the slider from coming off the chain.)
3. Slider (The device that moves up and down the chain to open or close the zipper.)
4. Pull Tab or Puller (The part of the slider that is held to move the slider up or down.)
5. Tape Width (Refers to the width of the fabric on both sides of the zipper chain.)
6. Chain or Zipper Teeth (The continuous piece that is formed when both halves of a zipper are meshed together) and Chain Width (Refers to the specific gauge of the chain - common gauge sizes are #3, #5, #7, #8 and #10, the bigger the number, the wider the teeth/chain width is.)
7. Bottom Stop (A device affixed to the bottom end of a zipper, to prevent further movement of the half of the zipper from separating.)
8. Bottom Tape Extension (The fabric part of the zipper, that extends beyond the teeth, at the bottom of the chain.)
9. Single Tape Width (Refers to the width of the fabric on one side of the zipper chain.)
10. Insertion Pin (A device used on a separating zipper whose function is to allow the joining of the two zipper halves.)
11. Retainer Box or Pin Box (A device used on a separating zipper whose function is to correctly align the pin, to begin the joining of the zipper halves.)
12. Reinforcement Film (A strip of plastic fused to each half of the zipper tape to allow a manufacturer to electronically "weld" the zipper onto the garment or item that is being manufactured, without the need of sewing or stitching.)
- How To Choose A Premium Resin Zipper?
- General Cloth Bag Button Introduction
- Zipper Exterior Standard
- What Is The Garment Accessory?
- Nylon Zipper Features
- Plastic Safety Deduction Material I...
- What Kind Of Zipper Tooth Type Is B...
- Methods And Requirements For Button...
- Resin Zipper Features
- Metal Button Classification
- DHAKA INTERNATIONAL YARN & FABRIC S...
- Introduce The Technical Index Of Zi...
- Different Characteristics Of Zipper...
- What Makes A Button Valuable
- Where Can You Find Old Buttons?
- Why Would Anyone Collect Buttons?
- What Actually Makes A Button Collec...
- Materials And Manufacture
- Styles Of The Buttons
- Buttons In Politics