Zippers may be manufactured from 3 different types of materials as shown below:
1) Metal Chain
2) Molded Plastic (Derlin) Chain
These plastic zippers have individually injected molded teeth, fused directly onto the tape of the zipper. The resins to used to manufacture the molded plastic chain are incredibly strong. These zippers are ideal for many medium and heavy weight garments or any outdoor application.
3) Nylon (Coil) Chain
Coil zippers are often referred to as nylon zippers. The teeth of these zippers are extruded plastic, sewn onto the zipper tape. These zippers are very flexible and are available in a variety of sizes (gauges). Coil zippers have many applications from fashion-wear to all types of tents and canvas goods and bags.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How does the button model calculate?
- Troubleshooting method for Zipper
- Application of Bump
- 4 Characteristics of imitation leat...
- What are the characteristics of a t...
- Zipper Composition Introduction
- Cloth Bag button Do you know
- Cause of discoloration of metallic ...
- How to distinguish the material fro...
- Button Common sense
- Quality Assurance of HEARTBRIDGE
- (HEARTBRIDGE)Zipper standards in Te...
- What are the classification of zipper?
- What is the metal button? The chara...
- Zipper maintenance tips