The button seems to be very simple, it is an accessory to the clothes, but before the 13th century button door was invented, people's clothes were tied with a belt or a coil. At that time, buttons were just beginning to be applied. Western aristocrats used buttons made of gold, silver, copper, ivory, and even gems. In general, civilians used cloth-wrapped cloth buttons. It can be seen that the modification function is also very important.
An ordinary dress, adorned with a unique design button, can show the elegant or noble taste in plain. The buttons also have a viewing and collection function.
In the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries, people began to use cheap materials, such as bones, wood, brass, etc., military uniforms used copper, iron, tin, etc., and the nobles are also custom-made buttons of rare precious metals.
At the 17th time, the cloth button and embroidery button became popular.
The industrial revolution began in the eighteenth century, and metal buttons began to be popular due to mechanized production.
In the mid-nineteenth century, women's fashion also began to use buttons. Japanese porcelain buttons are popular in Europe and America.
In the 1930s and 1940s, the use of synthetic materials bakelite / celluloid began. In the 1950s, new plastic materials were invented.
During the Second World War, the material was lacking. Because the cloth button was practical and the metal button was noble, it made it popular.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How does the button model calculate?
- Troubleshooting method for Zipper
- Application of Bump
- 4 Characteristics of imitation leat...
- What are the characteristics of a t...
- Zipper Composition Introduction
- Cloth Bag button Do you know
- Cause of discoloration of metallic ...
- How to distinguish the material fro...
- Button Common sense
- Plastic button plating knowledge
- Application of various zipper varie...
- Classification of zipper up and down
- What is a combination button?
- Provide different garment acessorie...