Plastic plating, the international scale has been formed in the 1950s. China also realized industrialization in the 1960s and 1980s. At that time, it was mainly used for small products such as buttons and buckles. It was required that the coating was not peeled and the surface was like metal. With the development of the times, the application of plastic plating has also been expanding. From small parts and small quantities of applications to large-sized and large-scale applications, from decorative applications to functional engineering applications, the quality of coatings is also increasing. At present, the quality of plated parts in Guangdong and Zhejiang is relatively high, and its appearance can compete with foreign advanced products to meet the quality requirements of foreign-funded enterprises. However, the internal quality is uneven due to the lack of sound testing standards.
Plastic plating problem
(1) Appearance quality. The appearance of plastic plating requires a smoother surface than the plating surface of metal products, and the brightness can generally be achieved, but the degree is different. It is generally believed that the better appearance is “black” and the brightness is very “thick”. This macroscopic perception is determined by the microscopic state of the surface, which means that the microscopic surface must be very flat. The coating must not be foggy, extremely slightly foggy, not visible under strong light or in front view, and can be found under certain angles of light, so it is easy to be ignored. As for defects such as peeling, peeling, burrs, and deep plating of pitting, electroplating is absolutely not allowed.
(2) Internal quality. Electroplating of automobile, motorcycle parts or higher-grade parts, technical specifications have certain requirements: such as plating adhesion, copper salt corrosion resistance test, thermal cycle test and field test, etc. Deformation requirements.
(1) The quality of the blank before plating should be good. Unqualified blanks are not well plated, and plastic blanks are more difficult to inspect than metal blanks. After plating, there will be “pitting” or “star point”. Of course, the blank can be plated with good products without polishing. The surface of the complete injection molding blank is very smooth, and the surface of the injection molding is bright as a mirror. After the plastic parts are injected, they should be packed separately and must not collide.
(2) Do not collide with the pretreated metallized parts. The plating parts of the pre-treatment process can not collide, especially the etching and roughening process at about 70 °C, the softening of ABS plastic increases, the hardness is reduced, if the collision is easy to rub, there must be printing after plating. If the plated parts are required to be high, especially for large or flat light-plated parts, it is absolutely not allowed to put the etching solution casually. After the etching, the net is taken out and cleaned, and the product is required to be immersed in the fixture until electroless copper plating or no Electrolytic nickel plating.
(3) Control of the degree of erosion. Etching In order to achieve the desired surface condition of the plated part, insufficient or excessive etching may result in poor finish of the plated product or poor adhesion of the plating layer. On the one hand, the coating finish depends on the bright copper bright nickel plating, on the other hand can not ignore the control of the degree of erosion.
(4) The plating solution should not be cloudy. The metallization method generally has a copper layer or a nickel layer, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. From the operation point of view, electroless nickel plating is relatively stable, and the plating speed is fast. In addition, it can save expensive palladium salts at a slightly lower cost, but with poor stability. The plating solution should be kept clean and not turbid to prevent the deposition of tiny particles. Otherwise, the bright particles will "magnify" the tiny particles to form granules.
(5) The plating fixture should be used reasonably. The product must not only have suitable conductive contacts, but also have proper tightness. It must be well conductive and clamped, but it must be prevented from being deformed by the clamping, especially after plating. It is not enough to remove the parts after the test. It is necessary to take into account the deformation of the bulk after electroplating, especially the high temperature deformation of nickel plating. The electroplating fixture must be well insulated, and must not be coated with particles, otherwise it will cause particle burrs on the surface of the plated parts; after chrome plating, the fixture must be retracted from the chrome layer, otherwise the copper layer will be easily formed into powder particles when the chrome layer is plated with copper to form the surface of the product. glitch.
Previous: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- How does the button model calculate?
- Troubleshooting method for Zipper
- Application of Bump
- 4 Characteristics of imitation leat...
- What are the characteristics of a t...
- Zipper Composition Introduction
- Cloth Bag button Do you know
- Cause of discoloration of metallic ...
- How to distinguish the material fro...
- Button Common sense