(HEARTBRIDGE)Zipper standards in Textiles
Nickel is a material belonging to the group of heavy metals. The material, which is used in the production of zippers, buttons and similar textile accessories, is nowadays not the preferred choice because of the risks to human health. Either pure or mixed, nickel might be preferred to make the accessory hard and bright.
2.Harms to Consumer Health
Research results show that 2% of men and 10% of women are allergic to nickel. Accessories, which touch the skin directly and contain nickel, can cause rashes and itching. Besides countries that are members of EU, lots of other countries prohibit or restrict nickel-containing products.HEARTBRIDGE ZIPPER Products fulfill the International Standards related to Zipper quality, its safety & ecological aspects such as EN (European Norms), BS (British Standards) & DIN (German Standards).
The BSI is the UK’s national standards organization. Its role is to produce & publish British standards & information products that promote & share best practice. BSI serves the interest of a wide range of Industry sectors as well as governments, consumers, employees & society overall, to make sure that BS British standards, EN European standards & ISO International standards are useful, relevant & authoritative.BS EN Standards.It is an European technical standard as adopted in the UK. BS EN standards often supersede pre-existent national technical standards BS (British Standards).
DIN (Deutsches Institute for Norming, a German Institute for standardization) is a German National Organization for standardization & is that country’s ISO member body. DIN is a registered German Association headquartered in Berlin. There are currently around 30,000 DIN standards, covering nearly every field of technology.
The importing of nickel-containing products to EU Countries has been restricted since 20th July 2000. In some countries, even prison sentence maybe applicable beginning in October 2001. Relevant to the issue, below standards are put into practice:
EN 1811 Reference test method for release of nickel from products intended to come into direct and prolonged contact with skin.
EN 12472 Method for the stimulation of wear and corrosion for the detection of nickel release from coated items.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How does the button model calculate?
- Troubleshooting method for Zipper
- Application of Bump
- 4 Characteristics of imitation leat...
- What are the characteristics of a t...
- Zipper Composition Introduction
- Cloth Bag button Do you know
- Cause of discoloration of metallic ...
- How to distinguish the material fro...
- Button Common sense
- What are the classification of zipper?
- What is the metal button? The chara...
- Zipper maintenance tips
- Zipper corrosion and maintenance sk...
- How to match clothing and buttons
- Talking about the common sense of b...
- Plastic button plating knowledge
- Application of various zipper varie...
- Classification of zipper up and down
- What is a combination button?